The purpose of this privacy notice is to give you information regarding how we at Stalatube process personal data in customer relationship management, sales and marketing activities. This privacy notice also provides more information how we manage contact data of our subcontractors’ and suppliers’ representatives relating to e.g. sourcing and purchasing activities.
1. Controller and contact details in privacy matters
Tel. +358 3 882 190
2. For what purpose is your personal information collected?
We process personal data on:
- contractual necessity, e.g. in case of
- entering and performing business contracts with you and delivering services and products
- customer communication
- to issue and process invoices and payments
- legitimate interest, e.g. in case of
- entering into and performing business contracts the company you represent and to issue and process invoices and payments
- engaging with other business partners
- to manage, develop, analyze and create statistics of relationship between Stalatube and customers and business partners
- vendor and supplier management
- conduction stakeholder surveys such as supplier sustainability questionnaires
- collectIng customer feedback
- lead generation, direct marketing, marketing Stalatube’s products and services
- to maintain good health and safety practices
- debt collection
- detecting and preventing fraud, misconduct, infringements or other violations of legal rights and obligations.
3. What type of information is collected about you?
We may process following information on decision makers and contact persons of our customers, leads, vendors and co-operation partners (incl. newsletter subscribers, individuals who have requested a quote or submitted a contact request, participants of events and respondents of questionnaires):
- person’s name, title, company/employer and contact information (e.g. email address, phone number).
- information about individual’s duties and position in business life or a public office
- customer history (e.g. participation in the events)
- direct marketing permissions and/or prohibitions possible other information relevant for the business relationship.
4. Where do we collect personal data from?
Personal data is collected from you by phone, in meetings, or by other equivalent means. Data is also collected in connection with the conclusion of the customer or business agreement and otherwise obtained during customer or business relationship. Personal data may also be originated from representatives of Stalatube based on their business interactions with individuals or collected and updated from public and private registers.
5. Who do we share your personal information and may the information be transferred outside the EU or EEA?
Each Stalatube Group company is responsible for the processing of its personal data in its own activities for the purposes and on legal bases set out in this notice and may use the necessary personal data collected by other group companies for the same purposes.
Unless you prohibit the disclosure of your data, we may disclose data i.e. to selected collaboration partners within the limits of the legislation for providing services.
We use services of external service providers for, e.g.,
- maintaining customer and co-operation partner information
- maintaining newsletter mailing lists
- processing information of individuals participating in events
- performing customer feedback surveys
- conducting stakeholder surveys.
In accordance with data protection agreements, each service provider can only process personal data to the extent that is necessary for the provision of the service in question.
Stalatube may transfer data outside the EEA in case it is necessary for the purposes of the processing of personal data described above or for the technical implementation of the processing. The level of data protection outside the EEA may be lower than in the EU. In the absence of the adequacy decision, Stalatube will take appropriate safeguards to ensure the protection of your personal data by applying the standard contractual clauses for international transfers approved by the European Union (“SCCs”). SCCs available: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en
6. How your personal information is protected and how long we process information?
The information is collected in databases that are protected by firewalls, passwords and other technical means. The servers are stored in locked facilities accessible only to internal employees or those of service providers. Access to the information is restricted to persons employed by the Stalatube Group or authorized agents who need the information in their work. The information in the register is backed up in a safe way and can be restored if necessary.
We store personal data for as long as it is necessary due to the purpose of use (e.g. customer or business relationship), or as long as the individual requests the erasure of the data. In this case we will store the data that is required or authorized by law us to store and the data about the erasure.
We assess the necessity of retaining data regularly. In addition, we take care of such reasonable measures which ensure that no incompatible, outdated or inaccurate personal data, taking into account the purpose of the processing, are stored in our registers.
7. Your rights as a data subject
- Right of access, rectification and erasure
As a data subject you are entitled to obtain information of your personal data processed by Stalatube. You have also a right to inspect the personal data concerning yourself, which is stored in the register, and a right to require rectification or erasure of your data.
- Direct marketing prohibition and right to restrict the processing
You have the right to object or to demand restriction of the processing and prohibit direct marketing. You may prohibit direct marketing at any time by using the link in the marketing email message to make a prohibition or by requesting a prohibition from email@example.com.
- Withdrawal of a consent
When processing of information is subject to your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal of the consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the data protection regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You may lodge your complaint in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
- Other rights
You may also request the personal data collected based on your consent and concerning you to be transmitted to another controller in a case where the data is in machine-readable and transferable format.
8. Whom can you contact?
If you have any questions related to the personal data processing or you want to exercise your abovementioned rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated 11 October 2023.